The Town of Livingston has a long and storied history. Madison County courthouse was the last building standing on the old town square before relocating to Canton. The town is making a comeback thanks to developers, lead by David Landrum and Mike Bollenbacher. The group began rebuilding the town shortly after the land was purchased in 2006.
The chapel was built in 1907 in Camden, Mississippi. The structure served as chapel for St. Andrew’s Episcopal School in Ridgeland. The school is undergoing a big expansion and decided to donate the structure to Livingston as a start for building their new chapel on the original Livingston town square.
The stained glass rose window design went through many iterations. Starting with the light house and a spring that feeds into a scenic lake. The idea of the light led to the central theme of a morning star. The star interpenetrates the earth while the living waters flow across the landscape. Amelia Key was the glass artist selecting the colors from Andy’s final rendering and Paul Farrar leaded the window.
View slideshow below.